Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Byron Health Center celebrated the start of construction on their new building with a Ground Breaking Ceremony Wednesday, October 10th at the new location of the Byron Wellness Community campus at the corner of Lake Ave and Beacon St (1661 Beacon St).
October 10th, was chosen because it is the birthday of Byron Health Center’s namesake, Irene Byron, who was born on that date in 1882.
The $38 million project is being partially funded by $12.5 million in New Market Tax Credits, the most ever awarded to a single project by the city of Fort Wayne.
MKM architecture + design has been instrumental in the architectural planning and design of the new Byron Health Center building, which will be built by Weigand Construction. Additional financing has been provided Centier Bank and PNC Bank.
The new Byron Health Center building will have 120 long term care beds alongside the new Miller’s Place assisted living structure, which will provide 50 assisted living apartments.
- Byron Health Center breaks ground for new facility
- Byron Health Center holds Eggstravaganza
- Perry Protech breaks ground on new facility
- Ground broken on DeKalb community corrections facility
- IU Health indicates two properties for health facilities
- Park Center eyes New Haven for residential treatment facility
- Ground broken on Pufferbelly trail
- Ground broken on new hotel
- Mayor Henry joins business leaders for ground breaking of new water main
- Allen County Health Department encourages spring break safety