JAY COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT) - A new wind farm in Jay County is one step closer to becoming a reality.
Scout Energy said Constellation will buy the energy generated from the Bitter Ridge Wind Farm in southern Jay County for 15 years.
Last fall, Jay County approved the project despite opposition.
Construction on Bitter Ridge is expected to begin later this year.
It will be about a year before it is up and running.
- Buyer named for new Jay County wind farm
- Jay County residents want to stop a proposed wind farm
- Second Jay County wind farm receives final local approval
- Planning commission approves Jay County's second wind farm
- Jay County residents divided on proposed wind farm
- Northwest Ohio Wind Farm unveiled
- Jay County Schools narrows gun access list
- GM, CMS Energy wind farm partnership helping small town
- Ohio law taking effect requires cigarette buyers to be 21
- Jay County Regional Sewer District considering rate hike