BUTLER, Ind. (WFFT) -- A Butler business owner is accused of raping a customer while giving her a massage.
Indiana State Police on Wednesday charged 57-year-old James Whitman with rape, a level 3 felony.
Investigators say a woman told them Whitman raped her earlier this month while he was giving her a massage at his business, Butler Creative Touch Massage.
They say a second woman came forward during the investigation and shared a similar experience that happened there two years ago.
Police say Whitman has practiced massage therapy in Butler for 10 years.
They say he's not licensed in Indiana but holds a certificate from the Center for Vital Living School of Massage Therapy.
Detectives served an arrest warrant on Whitman today without incident. He's being held at the DeKalb County Jail.
- Butler massage therapy owner charged with rape
- Butler fire ruled "undetermined"
- Butler man charged with possessing child porn
- Butler man charged in Depot Street arsons
- Butler could soon clean up Butler Company fire rubble
- Heroes recognized after Butler fire
- Train strikes car near Butler
- Kokomo man faces rape charge
- Large fire reported in downtown Butler, Indiana
- Butler figuring out next steps after fire