FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — Another Fort Wayne festival is being called off after the COVID-19 pandemic has forced a change of plans.
The Downtown Improvement District announced Monday that the previously postponed production of BuskerFest 2020 is officially canceled.
"As our event management team continues to monitor current State and County Back on Track guidelines, we are carefully reviewing each DID event date to determine if and how the production fits into current mandates and best practice safety protocols," Crissy Moloney with the Fort Wayne Downtown Improvement District said. "BuskerFest’s historically high attendance combined with the size of its footprint would not allow for proper social distancing protocols to be met and would risk the health of attendees, performers, and event staff."
Moloney said they look forward to "the return of the magic" in June 2021.
We are disappointed to announce that the previously postponed production of #BuskerfestFW 2020 has been cancelled due to COVID-19. In June 2021, we will be back with anticipation and eagerness to produce a celebration of the street performer once again! https://t.co/3yAtbxVaGt pic.twitter.com/2TyrWcRLXj
— Downtown Fort Wayne (@FWDID) July 27, 2020