FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — Businesses along Broadway celebrated the completion of beautification project along Broadway.
The project included repainting the overpass and including a new sign as people enter and exit downtown Fort Wayne, upgraded lighting and walkways as well.
The upgrades were part of the Front Door Fort Wayne plan to beautify corridors into the city.
Nancy Schoenle, one of the founders of the group Business On Broadway, says the beautification of Broadway will help bring more attention to the area.
“The aesthetics are important for people to feel safe and comfortable, and to have a welcoming appearance to broadway and the businesses along broadway,” Schoenle said. “So, the aesthetics of this railroad overpass people entering downtown from the south or from the airport I think will really help set Broadway apart.”
The new overpass is just down the road from Electric Works.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- Businesses along Broadway celebrate project completion
- Franklin School Park completed
- One dead, one injured after shooting at Broadway Grill
- Local teen spreads awareness of blood disorders on Broadway
- Suggs handed 56 years for attempted murder at Broadway bar
- Rudisill and Broadway intersection closed for up to 10 months
- Fort Wayne man killed in overnight shooting on Broadway Street
- Fort Wayne police arrest Broadway Grill shooting suspect
- New Haven fire on Broadway being investigated as potential arson
- Dupont Road construction is complete