HOUSTON (AP) - Former President George H.W. Bush will be laid to rest Thursday on the grounds of his presidential library at Texas A&M University.
The school announced Saturday Bush will be buried at the family plot next to his wife Barbara, who died in April, and their 3-year-old daughter Robin, who died in 1953.
Texas A&M University President Michael Young says no classes will be held on the day of Bush's burial.
Bush didn't attend Texas A&M but in 1991 chose the campus as the library's site. The campus is located about 90 miles northwest of Houston, where Bush lived.
Before his burial, Bush will lie in state in the Capitol Rotunda in Washington, D.C., from Monday evening through Wednesday morning.
A funeral service is also planned for Washington's National Cathedral.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bush to be buried at presidential library
- Luke Perry buried in Tennessee
- Snowplow driver finds woman alive inside car buried in snow
- Eckhart Library closer to construction
- Noble County libraries dropping fines
- Russian presidential hopeful speaks for political prisoners
- Bernie Sanders launches second presidential campaign
- Presidential election could stall Indiana judgeships
- Eckhart Library expected to reopen in 2019
- It's Library Week in Fort Wayne