Three men have been arrested in connection with 18 burglaries in Kosciusko County this morning.
On January 29th at approximately 11:00 P.M. the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department received a complaint of possible burglaries in progress at Jelly Stone Camp Grounds near Pierceton Indiana. Staff at the Camp Ground received information about possible burglaries occurring at the location. One suspect was located still on the property, and was taken into custody at the 1916 North 850 East Pierceton Indiana location. Two other suspects fled the scene of the burglaries and led Law Enforcement on a two county pursuit which ended in a traffic crash in Whitley County on US 30 near 300 West.
The Burglaries were completed at 18 lots in Jelly Stone Camp Grounds, with multiple items of property stolen. The property included electronics, coins, and firearms.
The male subject that was taken into custody at the Jelly Stone Property was identified as Kenneth Sanchez, 19 years of age, from Converse Indiana.
The male subject driving the pursuit vehicle was taken into custody and identified as Michael Chapman, 28 years of age, from Converse Indiana.
The male subject which was a passenger in the fleeing vehicle was taken into custody and identified as Thomas Ankrom, 29 years of age, from Converse Indiana.
The booking photos from all three individuals are attached to this release. The Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department was assisted by Whitley County Sheriff’s Department, North Webster Police, Pierceton Police, Warsaw Police, Columbia City Police, and the Indiana State Police.
The Kosciusko County Prosecutor’s Office advises that the defendant’s charge is merely an accusation and that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
- Burglary suspects arrested in Kosciusko County
- Flooding hits Kosciusko residents
- Two arrested on drug related charges in Kosciusko County
- Kosciusko County officials investigate traffic crash near Etna Green
- Kosciusko County Jail gets new body scanner to detect contraband
- Indiana State Police investigating inmate death at Kosciusko County Jail
- Burglary suspect surrenders after standoff
- One dead, three injured in Kosciusko Co. vehicle accident
- DeKalb County Police need help identifying burglary suspect
- Indiana AG Curtis Hill announces drug rehab program at Kosciusko County Jail