FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- A standoff with police ended with a suspect surrendering early Saturday morning.
Officers said the incident started when they investigated a burglary around 5:20 p.m. Friday evening. They received information that the suspect, Lovell Hamlet, 43, was inside a home in the 5000 block of Christofer Lane.
Officers tried to get Hamlet to come out, but he refused. Around 10:45 p.m. officers requested the Emergency Services Team and the Crisis Response Team. When they arrived on scene, negotiators tried to call Hamlet's phone, while officers used loud speakers.
At some point, officers deployed a flash bang. Around 12:24 a.m. Hamlet left the home peacefully. He was arrested and charged with felony burglary and misdemeanor invasion of privacy.
No injuries were reported, and no other subjects were involved.
- Burglary suspect surrenders after standoff
- Man surrenders after barricade incident
- Suspect in November homicide surrenders to Fort Wayne Police
- Burglary suspects arrested in Kosciusko County
- Indianapolis area getting box for safely surrendering babies
- Police standoff ends peacefully Tuesday
- Adams County standoff ends peacefully
- DeKalb County Police need help identifying burglary suspect
- Allen County Sheriff asking for help to ID burglary suspects
- Subject of standoff faces new charges