DEFIANCE, Ohio (WFFT) - It's now harder to get around Defiance because of road construction.
The Clinton Street bridge over the Maumee River is closed for the next nine months.
This is so the Ohio Department of Transportation can replace the bridge.
The new bridge will be more pedestrian friendly once it is opened.
Until then, people can cross the Maumee at US 24 or State Route 281.
- Bridge closure in Defiance makes crossing Maumee River difficult
- One dead after house fire in Defiance
- Defiance County deputies asking for help identifying body
- Florida governor to sign bill making it more difficult for ex-felons to vote
- Car found in river near Parnell Ave. bridge
- Lake Ave. closure delayed
- Hillegas Road bridge reopens
- Covered bridge scheduled for repairs
- Failing bridge slated for replacement
- Council approves replacing failing bridge