FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- If you fell in love with Meghan Markle's royal wedding dress, you'll soon be able to see an exact replica of it right here in Fort Wayne.
Robyn Blue, the owner of Abigail's Boutique, has been in the bridal business for 13 years.
"Two different salons and loved it. Love working with the brides. I love working with the wedding gowns," Blue said.
After her husband died, she took over a bridal shop off Coliseum Boulevard.
"I found the right location and here I am. Actually doing what I love and helping brides," she said.
But now, Blue is taking her skills to the next level by recreating Megan Markle's simple, yet classic royal wedding dress.
"It's so exciting! Everyone loves wedding dresses, but especially when it's someone that's of, shall we say, star quality."
Blue spent Saturday morning not only watching the wedding, but studying every detail of the dress.
"Try to capture the detailing, the seaming, the fabrics used, the detailing on the veil. Capture all those things that come together to create that look that was hers today," Blue said.
With some similar gowns already in her shop, she has some inspiration to create not only this gown, but any other gown that will make women feel like a princess on their big day. When will we see the famous gown?
"It depends on how much detail there is. A gown this simple could realistically be done within a month...Replicating the dress is something that's gonna bring the royal wedding to Fort Wayne," Blue said.
Once the gown is finished, Blue plans to auction it off. The proceeds from the auction will be donated to the Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana.
- Bridal boutique owner plans to replicate royal wedding dress
- Dress for Success opens boutique for women looking for new jobs
- New boutique open for business
- Bridal shop closes, brides wait for refunds
- Bridal Spectacular brings out future brides
- Bridal Spectacular returns to the Coliseum
- Ground broken on new boutique hotel
- David's Bridal is filing for bankruptcy
- Better Business Bureau says there are no complaints against bridal shop
- IU Health allows tattoos in new dress code policy