FORT WAYNE, Ind (WFFT) - The Boys and Girls Club took over Parkview Field during Thursday's TinCaps game.
The organization held it's largest fundraiser of the year, Batters and Bidders, during the game.
More than 500 people were at the fundraiser in right field, bidding on a variety of items.
All the money will go towards the growing programs for the kids in the Boys and Girls Club.
"I believe it takes a village to raise children. to see people come together from our community to work with us, to support our children. We can't do this work alone," said Joe Jordan, Boys and Girls Club of Fort Wayne CEO.
The Boys and Girls Club is currently building a new facility on Fairfield.
It should open in February or March.
- Boys and Girls Club hosts largest fundraiser of the year
- Boys and Girls Club celebrate Christmas Saturday
- Boys & Girls Club receives large donation
- Boys and Girls Club launching "Project Blueprint"
- Boys and Girls Club of Fort Wayne construction begins Friday
- Boys and Girls Club building relationships with police
- Topping out complete at new Fort Wayne Boys & Girls Club
- Boys and Girls Club members learn about energy industry
- Diocese celebrates largest priest ordination class in over 40 years
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Fort Wayne starts demolition of facility