WARSAW, Ind. (WFFT) - An 8-year-old boy attending summer school was killed after he was struck by a car in Warsaw.
Warsaw Police officers responded to Husky Trail at North Pointe Drive at 1:47 p.m. Police say the boy had been hit by a 2008 black Nissan Sentra while crossing the crosswalk.
Lutheran EMS was taking the boy to Fort Wayne Lutheran Hospital when the EMS changed course to Whitley Parkview in Columbia City. The boy was pronounced dead after arriving at Parkview Hospital.
The boy’s name has not been released.
Police say a 24-year-old woman from Tippecanoe was the driver of the car. Police say it’s an active investigation and no charges have been filed.
- Boy struck and killed by car in Warsaw
- EF-1 tornado hits Warsaw
- Pedestrian killed after being struck by a car
- Warsaw man dies after hitting school bus
- Man shot near Creighton and Warsaw
- Warsaw police searching for possible witness in death of 8-year-old boy
- Stabbing suspect charged with murder, Warsaw residents react
- New Warsaw fire station is ready to be built
- Warsaw woman critically injured in crash with semi
- Warsaw Community Schools bring History to life for 4th graders