WARSAW, Ind. (WFFT) - An 8-year-old boy attending summer school was killed after he was struck by a car in Warsaw.
Warsaw Police officers responded to Husky Trail at North Pointe Drive at 1:47 p.m. Police say the boy had been hit by a 2008 black Nissan Sentra while crossing the crosswalk.
Lutheran EMS was taking the boy to Fort Wayne Lutheran Hospital when the EMS changed course to Whitley Parkview in Columbia City. The boy was pronounced dead after arriving at Parkview Hospital.
The boy’s name has not been released.
Police say a 24-year-old woman from Tippecanoe was the driver of the car. Police say it’s an active investigation and no charges have been filed.
- Boy struck and killed by car in Warsaw
- EF-1 tornado hits Warsaw
- Silver Alert canceled after 12-year-old Warsaw boy found dead
- Ligonier car versus train crash leaves Warsaw man dead
- Pedestrian killed after being struck by a car
- Warsaw man killed in Kosciusko County crash with semi
- Warsaw man dies after hitting school bus
- Man shot near Creighton and Warsaw
- Silver Alert CANCELED for missing Warsaw man
- Warsaw's Harrison Mevis Signs with Mizzou