GENEVA, Ind. (WFFT) — On Wednesday at approximately 3:39 p.m. the Adams County dispatch center received a call regarding an unknown injury located at 2749 East County Road 800 South.
When officers arrived on the scene they discovered an 11-year-old boy who had been shot.
Medics called to the scene confirmed that the juvenile male was deceased.
Due to a criminal investigation being conducted and the individuals involved in the case are other minor children no names are being released.
Investigators say the child was accidentally shot by a minor sibling.
The victim's name will be released at a later date by the Adams County Coroner.
When the criminal investigation is completed the investigation will be turned over to the Adams County Prosecutor officer for possible criminal charges.
The Adams County Sheriff's Office says this is another example of why all firearms must be locked up or secured when small children live in the home.
All question regarding this investigation will be handled by the Adams County Prosecutor’s Office.
- Boy in Adams County accidentally shot by sibling
- Victim identified in fatal Adams County accidental shooting
- Adams County standoff ends peacefully
- Lafayette officer accidentally shot by another as dog rushed
- Fort Wayne police: 2 officers accidentally shot in training
- Two killed in Adams County crash
- Geneva woman killed in Adams County crash
- Inmate accidentally released in Noble County
- 3 siblings struck, killed by pickup truck at bus stop
- Hundreds gather to honor lives of murdered teenage siblings