FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- City Utilities has issued a boil water advisory for some parts of Fort Wayne until further notice.
A vehicle reportedly hit a high-voltage power line and knocked out power to the Three Rivers Water Filtration Plant Thursday night. The plant's high service pumping system responded appropriately according to City Utilities, but the distribution system pressure did drop.
AREAS UNDER BOIL WATER ADVISORY
North Boundary: Washington Center Rd
West Boundary: Hillegas Rd
South Boundary: West State Boulevard: Hillegas to Sherman, Vance (extended): Sherman to Parnell
East Boundary: Parnell Ave
North Boundary: Pontiac St
West Boundary: Fairfield Ave
South Boundary: Paulding Rd
East Boundary: Hessen Cassell
North Boundary: Airport Expressway
West Boundary: Smith Rd
South Boundary: Ferguson Rd
East Boundary: Airport Drive
As a precaution, the city has issued the advisory for three parts of the city.
During the advisory, customers should used bottled water or boil any water used for drinking, food preparation, making ice, and brushing teeth.
City Utilities says they have contacted their major customers such as hospitals, schools, and food manufacturers. They are also collecting samples throughout the affected areas.
- Boil water advisory issued for parts of Fort Wayne
- Warren under boil advisory
- Water boil advisory canceled for Wolcottville
- Boil advisory for Monroeville lifted
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- GOP Senate candidates debate issues in Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne Community Schools close Friday citing transportation issues
- German auto parts company to expand in Fort Wayne
- Lead found in some Fort Wayne water, lead plumbing fixtures
- Fort Wayne's water week kicks off with free tours