BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (AP) - Authorities say they've found the body of a 26-year-old man who was missing in southern Indiana's Lake Monroe after a storm passed over the area.
The Indiana Department of Natural Resources says conservation officers using sonar equipment found the body of Anup Thota of Bloomington on Sunday evening near where he was reported missing.
The DNR says he was boating and swimming with co-workers Friday evening at 10,000-acre (4,047-hectare) man-made reservoir near Bloomington when a squall hit. After it passed, his friends realized he was missing and called 911. Crews including a dive team searched for him starting Friday.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Body of missing man, 26, found in Indiana's Lake Monroe
- Body of missing boy found in southern Indiana river
- Missing Kendallville man found dead
- Authorities ID body found in Maumee River as missing Fort Wayne man
- Police: Missing Fort Wayne man found dead
- Body found in alley Sunday identified
- Missing teen found after search
- Missing Garrett teen found safe
- 4 bodies found, dozens missing in California dive-boat fire, officials say
- 20 bodies have been found after a California boat fire, and more passengers are still missing