ROME CITY, Ind. (WFFT) - The Indiana Department of Natural Resources lifted boating restrictions on the West Lakes in Noble County.
Idle speed restrictions were put in place in May because of flooding.
The water has gone down so those restrictions are lifted.
The West Lakes Chain consists of Jones, Steinberger, Tamarack and Waldron lakes.
- Boating restrictions lifted on the West Lakes
- No motor boat order issued for West Lakes
- West Lakes reopens for motor boats, idle speed only
- Boating restrictions placed on two area lake chains due to high water conditions
- Flooding returns to the West Lakes
- West Lakes still moving on from record flood
- Bill aimed at reducing West Lakes flooding passes Indiana House
- West Lakes residents hopeful flooding won't repeat history
- West Lakes receives grants to continue flood mitigation
- West Lakes flooding lower than expected because of residents efforts