Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Sometimes you never know what you need until you actually need it and then when the time comes it can be hard to find it, but the black business showcase made it a little easier today with over 100 vendors under one roof.
"Any type of print media you need we can get it done for you," Lanisha Bennett, owner of The Design Market said.
"I make custom wigs and I specialize in hair loss. I'm super excited I was able to take pain and turn it into purpose," Toni Irby owner and wig designer of Upgrade Salon said.
This convention has everything from wig making, food, health services, and clothing.
"What we wanted to do is something like they do in indianapolis at the black expo. we wanted to get all of the fort wayne businesses together for just one day and just have a convention all day long," CEO of Tunnel Vision Entertainment said.
This convention helps to network and shed light on black entrepreneurship in the city, and after the success of many past events, Phillips decided to put this together to help those who have helped him which also helps others get exposure like Wayne Kelly.
It's his first time participating in an event like this.
"It's a look at the businesses around, minority owned businesses, and it really helps out a lot," Kelly said.
The next event will be a women's convention with mother and daughters Phillips is thinking of doing that sometime this summer.
There will be another black business showcase convention if you missed the one Sunday.
- Black owned businesses highlighted through Black Business Showcase Convention
- Event highlights Black entrepreneurship in Fort Wayne
- Number of female-owned businesses on the rise
- Veteran owned company bringing CBD oil to Indiana businesses
- Family owned business closing after 86 years in North Manchester
- Black Friday shopping starts early
- Pearson's buzzer-beater highlights busy day of high school hoops
- Firefighters investigating business fire
- Firefighters investigate business fire
- Always 100 Basketball showcases talent