FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- The Bishop Luers senior who spent his football season raising money for Alex's Lemonade Stand tallied the final numbers Sunday.
HoneyCuts Salon has been supporting Peyton Howe since last Fall to help kick childhood cancer. The HoneyCuts stylists presented a check to Howe for $1,000.
Howe's initial goal was $2,500, but he quickly surpassed that and raised nearly $8,500 by kicking at each game.
Howe told WFFT he'd like to continue fundraising for Alex's Lemonade Stand in college.
"I'd also like to keep the tradition going at Luers and also maybe see if I can get other high schools to join in, too," he said.
Howe says the next big thing on his list is acing his last semester of high school.
- Bishop Luers senior raises $8,500 for childhood cancer
- The Locker Room Week 9: Bishop Luers vs. Snider
- The Locker Room Week 10: West Noble vs. Bishop Luers
- Barnes and Noble hosts bookfair for Bishop Luers High School
- Auburn Pink Out raises breast cancer awareness
- Bishop Kevin Rhoades accused of misconduct
- Bishop Rhoades exonerated after investigation into allegations
- The Locker Room Week 9: Northrop vs. Bishop Dwenger
- Volleyball Roundup: Bishop Dwenger, Carroll Win Sectional Championships
- The Locker Room Week 10: Bishop Dwenger vs. South Side