Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- With identity theft spreading rapid all over the nation, two local entities are teaming up to make sure it doesn't happen here with their annual shred day.
Better Business Bureau and state police held the event on parnell avenue where Iron Mountain Records Management truck shredded collected items from people who came through the line at Afdent Dental Services parking lot for free.
People brought items like atm receipts, old tax returns, and pay stubs.
They also took a minimum of $5.00 donations at the event. The proceeds benefit the Better Business Bureau’s Charitable and Educational Foundation, which provides consumer education, sponsors the Student of Integrity Scholarship Program, and hosts the Torch Awards.
- Better Business Bureau hosts shred event
- Better Business Bureau sends warning to elderly about recent scams
- EACS hosts autism awareness event
- Better Business Bureau says there are no complaints against bridal shop
- Hop River Brewing hosts lunar eclipse event
- Fort Wayne Airport hosting Real ID event
- Ronan Farrow says National Enquirer shredded Trump-related documents
- Indiana Secretary of State hosts Indiana MoneyWise Bingo event
- Democrats vow to fight emergency declaration: 'Congress cannot let the President shred the Constitution'
- Firefighters investigating business fire