FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)-If you're looking for something fun to do on Sunday, you can go on a local mini adventure.
The 20th anniversary of the "Be a Tourist In Your Own Town" event will have everyone out and about checking out local places here in Fort Wayne.
There are 16 participating places located throughout the city.
Visit Fort Wayne said this is a great way to remind locals of all the cool things we have here to enjoy, so they don't have to leave the city.
"We travel to Indy, Ohio, and Michigan, and we experience their attractions. We forget how great we really have it here, so it's just a day for residents to explore,"program and event manager Emily Stuck said.
This is the list of places:
African/African-American Historical Museum
Allen County Courthouse
Allen County Public Library
Artlink Contemporary Gallery
Foellinger-Freimann Botanical Conservatory
The History Center
Karpeles Manuscript Museum - Fairfield Hall
The Old Fort
Riverfront Fort Wayne
You can pick up you free passport at any Fort Wayne Kroger or Old National Bank location. Activities will go on from 12pm until 5pm Sunday.
- Be a Tourist in Your Own Town kicks off Sunday
- 2019 Gearfest kicks off
- Arab Fest kicks off Saturday
- After deaths, more tourists to Dominican Republic say they were stricken with illness
- GERMANFEST 2019 begins Sunday
- Media Day Kicks Off Girls Basketball Season
- Coats For Kids kicks off 18th year
- 29th annual Farm Show kicks off
- "You Can Crush Hunger" competition kicks off
- Coats for Kids kicks off Tuesday