Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- The intersection to Hadley Road and Bass Road will be closed so crews can start work on a roundabout there.
It's part of a multi-million dollar project that neighbors can't wait to see completed.
Residents are saying they've had enough of construction, and with the road closure tomorrow some of them have already started planning alternate routes.
"That's my favorite way to go usually up to Hadley, but you just figure it out," says Jen McKeever.
McKeever lives off of Bass Road and right now she and her neighbors have had to make major adjustments with all the construction going on.
A roundabout will be created at Hadley and Bass Roads. The stretch of Bass Road from Flaugh to Hadley will be widened to include a third center lane. A trail will also be added.
"My husband, he'll call me at work in the afternoon if he knows on one end if they're working, or on the other to tell me which way I should come home," says Kathy Bauer.
They both say they can't wait to get their driveways back.
"We were never really told right off that we weren't going to get any mail delivery- that we were going to have to go to the post office and pick up our mail, but you know... work through it," Bauer added. "We all kind of work together to be able to pick up each others mail if they let us. All in all, it's been ok. I'll be glad when it's done."
The road will be closed until December.
- Bass and Hadley Road closure starts July 5th
- Bass & Hadley Road roundabout opened
- Opening of Bass and Hadley Road roundabout delayed
- Bass Road reopens for Winter
- Bass Road to reopen in January
- Bass Road will remained closed for another month
- Road closures cause headaches and backups
- Drivers prepare for Washington Center Road closure
- 5th grader starts mural project to help cats get a new home
- Lake Ave. closure delayed