FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - After several delays, the newly constructed roundabout at the intersection of Bass and Hadley Roads was officially opened to traffic Friday.
The road has been closed since July while crews worked to construct the new roundabout.
The Allen County Highway Department’s initial plan was to have all work finished and the intersection reopened by December of last year. But because railroad tracks run through the roundabout, extra time was needed to insure state and federal safety requirements were being met.
- Bass & Hadley Road roundabout opened
- Opening of Bass and Hadley Road roundabout delayed
- Bass and Hadley Road closure starts July 5th
- Bass Road reopens for Winter
- Bass Road to reopen in January
- Bass Road will remained closed for another month
- Roundabout planned for DeKalb County
- Meeting planned for DeKalb County roundabout proposal
- Dupont Road now open
- People weigh in on proposed DeKalb County roundabout