FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — The man and woman who were killed in a shooting on the city’s northeast side were identified by the coroner Thursday.
The Allen County Coroner’s Office identified the victims as 21-year-old Mon Ong and 23-year-old Brooke J. Wendel, both from Fort Wayne.
SIGN UP FOR BREAKING NEWS ALERTS
Barnhart Avenue shooting arrests
The Fort Wayne Police Department arrested 23-year-old Kyaw Hlang, 20-year-old Kerwins Louis and 23-year-old Jamesley Paul each on two counts of murder and robbery in connection to their deaths.
Ong's cause of death was determined to be a gunshot wound to the chest and the manner of death is homicide.
Wendel's cause of death was determined to be a gunshot wound to the head and the manner of death is homicide.
They are the 7th and 8th Homicides in Allen County for 2020.
This incident remains under investigation.
- Barnhart Avenue shooting victims identified by Allen County Coroner
- Coroner identifies shooting victim
- Central Avenue shooting victim identified
- Runnion Avenue shooting victim identified
- Senate Avenue shooting victim identified
- Bowser Avenue shooting victims identified
- 2 killed, 1 wounded in Barnhart Avenue shooting
- 3 arrested in Barnhart Avenue shooting that left 2 dead
- Victims in Spatz Avenue double shooting identified
- Coroner identifies victims of weekend motorcycle crash