Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind (WFFT)- A partnership between to local organizations is trying to increase better health among black males in the community.
The Indiana Commission on the status of black males got participation from ten local barbershops to hold health screenings Saturday along with the Fort Wayne Commission of African American Males.
The I.C.S.S.B.M created the Indiana Black Barbershop initiative to prevent major health issues like heart disease, cancer, stroke, and diabetes.
There will be fifty total screenings across the state.
- Barbershops hold free health screenings
- Byron Health Center holds Eggstravaganza
- Whitley County Jail changing inmate mail screening
- FWCS holds annual lottery
- Free tax preparation begins Saturday
- Trump's refugee ban ends, new screening rules coming
- Local sheriff's departments look to new technology for drug screening
- Kroger holding Grand Opening celebration
- FWCS holds community service day