Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind (WFFT)- A partnership between to local organizations is trying to increase better health among black males in the community.
The Indiana Commission on the status of black males got participation from ten local barbershops to hold health screenings Saturday along with the Fort Wayne Commission of African American Males.
The I.C.S.S.B.M created the Indiana Black Barbershop initiative to prevent major health issues like heart disease, cancer, stroke, and diabetes.
There will be fifty total screenings across the state.
- Barbershops hold free health screenings
- Fort Wayne man convicted in barbershop murder
- Byron Health Center holds Eggstravaganza
- Byron Health Center holds steel topping ceremony
- Walmart offering free heart health event at Fort Wayne locations
- Whitley County Jail changing inmate mail screening
- Trump's refugee ban ends, new screening rules coming
- Local sheriff's departments look to new technology for drug screening