FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — A man is dead after a fire started at a storage facility near downtown Fort Wayne Wednesday.
The fire started at BTE Storage on South Broadway around 5 p.m.
The Allen County Coroner's office has identified the victim as 81-year-old Richard David Walls of Fort Wayne.
The Allen County coroner ruled his Cause of Death as Smoke Inhalation and the Manner of Death is Accident.
This incident remains under investigation by the Fort Wayne Fire Department and the Allen County Coroner’s Office.