FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Two locations are adding more than 450 jobs to the local economy.
Avancez held a ribbon cutting ceremony to open their new facility on Stonebridge Goad near the GM plant. The facility houses advanced machinery and electronics to provide supplies such as rear axles modules, console modules, along with other parts that are shipped across the road to GM to be installed in their award winning trucks. Avancez is adding over 300 jobs at their facility and said they chose to build in Fort Wayne and close to the GM plant because of their close business partnership with the automotive manufacturer.
The CEO, Kathryn Nichols, is encouraging those who want to work at Avancez to apply.
“We have a strong commitment to team," said Nichols. "We believe in empowered team members. I am personally committed to growing and developing our people for the future and this growth in Fort Wayne is the beginning of a long term expanded future.”
Kroger is also looking to fill 150 positions across all of their stores in Northern Indiana.
A job fair was held Tuesday at the Kroger hiring center at their store on North Clinton Ave. in Fort Wayne. Kroger stores throughout the area are looking for people to fill positions in different departments like their deli, pharmacy, stockrooms and service counter. Many people who walked in Tuesday left with a brand new job and smiles on their faces.
Sheila Baughman, the district human resources manager, said all are welcomed to apply.
“We offer very flexible schedules," said Baughman. "So, if somebody is looking for a part time job, let’s say they’re a college student or they already have a job and they’re looking for a second job to have a little bit of extra money, we are a great employer for that.”
If you want to apply at Avancez, click here
If you want to apply at Kroger, click here
- Avancez, Kroger adding jobs to NE Indiana
- Skilled To Work: Impact on NE Indiana
- Kroger shooting victim identified
- Kroger shooting suspect arrested
- Brotherhood Mutual expanding, adding jobs
- Aerotek hopes to fill 200 positions with Android/ Avancez in Fort Wayne area
- Kroger holding Grand Opening celebration
- Call center adding 500 new jobs
- Gov. Holcomb appoints successor to retiring NE Indiana judge
- Fort Wayne firefighters raise money for NE Indiana MDA