One DeKalb high school student is dead and another one is in the hospital after a car crash.
The crash happened Sunday night just after 6 pm, on the 3400 block of County Road 26. The DeKalb County Sheriff's Department says 17-year-old Spencer Whan was driving a pick up eastbound on County Road 26. Whan lost control and started to slide on ice. The truck went off the side of the road and hit a tree on the passenger side. 16-year-old Lilliana Morrow was in the passenger seat and died at the scene. DeKalb Central Schools says Morrow was a sophomore at DeKalb High School.
The district said it is offering resources for students and staff, including grief counseling for the coming days. Whan, a junior at DeKalb, is still in the hospital. Dekalb County Sheriff's Deputies said speed and weather conditions were factors in the crash.
- Auto accident claims life of one high school student, injures another
- High school students leave for D.C. for March for Life
- Student, officer injured in another Wisonsin high school shooting
- Victim of Coldwater road auto accident has been identified
- Auto accident on County Road 47 hospitalizes two Butler teens
- Fort Wayne auto dealer banned for life after tax plea
- 16-year-old girl injured in ATV accident
- Student and school resource officer injured in second high school shooting in Wisconsin this week
- High school student dies in crash
- Kentucky school shooting: 2 students killed, 18 injured