BOONVILLE, Ind. (AP) — A 6-year-old southwestern Indiana child hit by a falling tree has died, authorities said.
Authorities were called Saturday afternoon, according to the Warrick County Sheriff’s Office.
Emergency responders dispatched to the scene were unable to save the child, identified as Elliana Cobb of Boonville.
She died at the scene.
The Warrick County Coroner’s Office was investigating.
- Authorities: Child, 6, dies after being hit by falling tree
- 3rd child dies after horse-drawn carriage hit in Michigan
- Man falls from Noble County tree stand
- Warsaw man dies after hitting school bus
- Woman dies after being hit by car
- Two dead after tree falls on truck, victims identified
- Man injured in Steuben County tree stand fall
- Fremont man hospitalized after falling 20 feet from tree stand
- Authorities: Indiana woman dead after falling off golf cart
- Toni Morrison, 'Beloved' author and Nobel laureate, dies at 88