Aunt Millie's has announced it will close its Fort Wayne bakery starting later this month, and completely shut down bakery operations in Fort Wayne by April, 2018. The closure will impact about 90 workers at the bakery. The company will continue to operate their headquarters in Fort Wayne, which employs about 120 administrative workers. The company will continue to operate six bakeries across the Midwest.
“Due to the current business environment and after undertaking a capacity and logistical analysis, we determined we need to close our Fort Wayne bakery,” said John F. Popp, company president. “This is a critical step in reducing excess capacity and costs, to allow ourselves to maintain our leadership position in the baking industry. We reached this extremely difficult but necessary decision after thoroughly exploring other options.”
“Aunt Millie’s and Sunbeam high-quality products will continue to be baked at our other six bakeries. Our customers will still be able to find their favorite bread at grocery stores throughout the Midwest,” said Jay Miller, company CFO.
- Aunt Millie's to close Fort Wayne bakery
- Sweetwater Sound, Inc. buys Aunt Millie's property downtown
- Two Fort Wayne nightclubs closing
- Metro Diner location in Fort Wayne closes
- International Business College closing Fort Wayne location
- Fort Wayne police raid closed abortion clinic
- Tucanos Brazilian Grill closes Fort Wayne location
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Resource center that aided nonprofits closes in Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne Staples store to close on March 16th