DeKalb County, Ind (WFFT) - An 18 year old from Auburn is critically injured following a crash late Monday.
According to the DeKalb County Sheriff's Office, Nikalys McKean, 18 of Auburn, was northbound on State Route 1 when he allegedly failed to yield at the intersection with County Road 63. They say he pulled out directly in front of Judy Watson, 65, of St. Joe and Watson's Ford Freestyle stuck McKean's PT Cruiser on the driver's side.
McKean's vehicle left the roadway and struck a utility pole before traveling into a field. Watson's vehicle also left the roadway and came to rest in a field.
Both McKean and Watson were taken to Parkview Regional Medical Center for treatment of their injuries. Watson's injuries were considered minor, but McKean was listed in critical and unstable condition.
- Auburn teenager critically injured in vehicle crash
- Four people injured in crash, one critical
- Police investigate critically injured infant
- Auburn man dies in single vehicle crash Thursday night
- Two in critical condition after motorcycle crashes into multiple vehicles
- Akron woman in critical condition after two vehicle crash
- Warsaw woman critically injured in crash with semi
- 2 killed and 6 injured in vehicle crash
- Man critically hurt in crash
- Teenager dead in Huntington County crash