AUBURN , Ind. (WFFT) — Indiana Conservation Officers are investigating a drowning that occurred Sunday evening in a private pond.
Police responded to a call about a drowning shortly after 7:30 p.m. in a private pond in the 6700 block of County Road 29 in Auburn.
Officers say the victim, 19-year-old Daniel Burris of Auburn, was swimming in his family’s pond when, for an unknown reason, he went under the surface.
They said family members located him in the pond, got him to shore and did CPR until medical personnel arrived.
Medical personnel continued CPR on the scene.
Burris was pronounced dead at the scene by the Dekalb County coroner.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- Auburn man drowns in pond
- Child rescued from pond
- Alligator in Plymouth pond captured
- Man dies after falling into Wabash County pond
- Crews rescue dog from frigid pond
- Staying safe on icy ponds or lakes
- Car pulled from pond in Allen County
- Fire department investigates car in pond
- Auburn man arrested for several burglaries
- New Aldi opens in Auburn