AUBURN, Ind. (WFFT) — More than 600 Walmart stores nationwide, are participating with local law enforcement in the DEA’s National Prescription Drug Take Back Day this weekend.
On Saturday, Oct. 26 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. 13 Walmart stores in Indiana including the Auburn location on 505 Touring Dr. will help Hoosiers will be able to safely dispose of their unwanted, unused or expired prescription medications with local law enforcement.
Part of Walmart’s mission is to "help people Live Better and that includes helping to fight the opioid crisis in our communities."
Walmart says local law enforcement will be set up in the parking lots of participating Walmart stores for the event.
Other participating Indiana Walmart stores:
• Merrillville – 2936 E 79th Ave.
• Michigan City – 5780 Franklin St.
• Newburgh – 8599 High Pointe Dr.
• Greensburg – 790 Greensburg Commons Ctr.
• Avon – 9500 E. U.S. Highway 36
• Crawfordsville – 1835 U.S. Highway 231
• Danville – 1894 Ridge Avenue
• Lebanon – 2440 N Lebanon St.
• Greenwood – 1101 Windhorst Way (Sams Club)
• Merrillville – 3134 E. 79th Ave. (Sams Club)
• Marion – 3240 Southwestern
• Warsaw - 2501 Walton Blvd.
- Auburn Walmart to participate in National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Fort Wayne getting ready for National Drug Take Back Day
- Walmart adding 45 jobs to Auburn Distribution Center
- Local schools participating in national walkout in their own way
- Auburn Spring Auction expands two more days
- It's National Waffle Day!
- It's national taco day!
- It's National Pumpkin Day!
- Indiana State Police hold 'Drug Take Back Day' drop off
- Fort Wayne residents participate in Air Quality Action Day