AUBURN, Ind. (WFFT) - Auburn police are warning about counterfeit money being circulated.
Police suggest anyone accepting cash be cautious when taking larger bills, especially $100 bills.
There have been several cases where the fake money has been used or located.
Police said it's easy to spot the fake bills and the people committing the crimes are relying on the quick exchange of the money.
If you have any information about these crimes you're asked to call Auburn Police at 260-920-3200.
- Auburn PD warn of counterfeit money
- Auburn PD searching for theft suspect
- Counterfeit vaping pods confiscated from Indiana store
- New Aldi opens in Auburn
- Auburn raising water rates 43%
- Auburn man drowns in pond
- PD: Arizona Woman fights off carjacker to protect children
- Auburn Aldi to open this month
- Auburn BMV moves to a new location
- Auburn teenager critically injured in vehicle crash