ALLEN COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT) - Astoria Apartments and Townhouses were issued citations for health and safety violations Tuesday.
Fort Wayne Code Enforcement issued three 10-day health and safety notices for 2708 and 2712 E. Paulding Road after finding sewage in the halls and pests inside an apartment.
Some tenants in the building are in the Housing Choice Voucher Program through the Fort Wayne Housing Authority.
FWHA CEO George Guy said these apartments compromised the safety of those tenants.
"We want to make sure the conditions are safe, decent, and sanitary. Those are the things we're really checking on," he said.
Guy said the FWHA will be inspecting their 45 units in the Astoria complex to make sure they are ok.
This isn't the first time Astoria has had issues with Code Enforcement.
A city spokeswoman told FOX 55 four buildings are condemned after a fire in 2016.
"We are working with the property owner to set a time for re-inspection to see if the units have been brought to code," spokeswoman Mary Tyndall said in an email Tuesday.
FOX 55 did reach out to managers at Astoria Apartments, but they declined to comment.
- Astoria Apartments issued "health and safety" citations
- Five escape apartment fire
- One person escapes apartment fire
- Residents evacuate apartment fire Thursday
- Firefighters investigating an apartment fire
- Woman found dead in apartment
- Two people found dead in vacant apartment
- Man stabbed at Cambridge Square Apartments
- Firefighters battle large blaze at Golfview Apartments
- Apartment fire causes heavy damage to kitchen