DEKALB COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT)- DeKalb County police arrested two people near Garrett Wednesday morning following a pursuit.
It happened just after 1:00 a.m. A DeKalb County Sheriff's Deputy attempted to stop a black SUV for several violations. The officer put on his lights, but the SUV sped westbound on CR 60.
The SUV drove off the road and into a field through several fences before coming to a stop in the 900 block of CR 60. A passenger left the vehicle and fled on foot in the field.
The driver, Yvonne, R. Handshoe, attempted to take off on foot, but was quickly captured by police and is currently facing charges of reckless driving, resisting law enforcement, leaving the scene of a property damage accident, and criminal mischief.
With the help of a K9 officer and a drone operator officers were able to locate the passenger, Patrick J. Muneio, in the field. Charges are pending.
- Arrests made following police pursuit
- Wanted man captured after police pursuit
- Arrest made in stabbing death
- Arrest made in infant death
- Arrest made in Huntington stabbing
- Vehicular pursuit leads to drug-related arrest in Lagrange County
- Arrest made in Lillie Street death investigation
- Arrest made in shooting of two children
- Arrest made in Lagrange County battery
- Arrest made in April Tinsley case