ANGOLA, Ind. (WFFT) —Two people were arrested after an armed robbery at a gas station turned into a highway car chase.
The Angola Police Department said they responded to a call about a Shell gas station that was robbed at gun point around 1:15 a.m. Wednesday.
Police said one of their officers was near the Shell gas station at the time the robbery was reported.
Officers said they identified a black car that was connected to the armed robbery.
The two males inside refused to pull over for police, starting a highway chase on Interstate 69 South, from Fremont, Indiana.
Officers deployed stop sticks and flattened two of the suspect’s car tires, sending the vehicle into a ditch, just South of the Ashley exit.
The two suspects ran from police.
A Steuben County Deputy captured vehicle’s passenger first. He is a 16-year-old, that was arrested on a warrant.
Police said charges are pending against him for armed robbery and resisting arrest by fleeing on foot.
Around 6:20 a.m. police said they were able to capture the driver near the 338.5 mile marker along I-69.
The suspect was identified as 27-year-old Jared Starkey. His charges have not been announced by police yet.
Investigators said the vehicle was stolen out of Fort Wayne.
A police camera video of the chase is posted below.
The armed robbery is still under investigation by police.
Check back with FOX 55 News as more information becomes available.
- Armed robbery in Angola leads to highway chase
- Electrical fire damages Angola home
- New hotel opens in Angola
- New Haven Police investigate armed robbery
- New Haven police investigating armed robbery
- Fire destroys mobile home in Angola
- Electrical fire destroys Angola mobile home
- Angola Balloons Aloft takes place this weekend
- Fire hurts two people in Angola
- Man hurt after leading police on chase