FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - April Tinsley's murderer is set to be sentenced Friday.
John D. Miller pleaded guilty earlier this month to murder and child molesting during a change of venue hearing at Allen Superior Court. He was arrested in July after DNA testing lead police to his trailer. Used condoms found in Miller's trash were matched to used condoms found over the last 30 years and DNA found in April Tinsley's underwear back in 1988.
Miller's sentencing was originally set for the 31st of December.
- Sentencing on Friday for April Tinsley's murderer
- Sentencing for April Tinsley's killer moved forward
- Trial set for April Tinsley's alleged murderer
- Suspect in April Tinsley's murder requests change of venue
- April Tinsley case featured on Investigation Discovery
- Arrest made in April Tinsley case
- April Tinsley's mom questions suspected killer's motive
- April Tinsley's accused killer pleads guilty
- April Tinsley's killer sentenced to 80 years, 30 year old case laid to rest
- Community remembers April Marie Tinsley, case still unsolved