FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) —In two months those with Anthem Health Insurance could be out of network if they choose to go to Parkview Health.
Parkview officials announced this week that Anthem of Indiana has chosen to terminate its contract with Parkview Health, while Anthem says they are still in negotiations before the contract expires in April.
SIGN UP FOR BREAKING NEWS ALERTS
All Parkview Health Indiana locations will be considered out of network this includes:
- Parkview Physicians Group
- Parkview Regional Medical Center
- Parkview Randallia Campus
- Parkview Orthopedic Hospital
- Parkview Surgery One
- Parkview DeKalb Hospital
- Parkview Huntington Hospital
- Parkview Lagrange Hospital
- Parkview Noble Hospital
- Parkview Warsaw
- Parkview Whitley Hospital
- Parkview Behavioral Health
- Parkview Labs
- Parkview Home Health and Hospice
Parkview says its physicians, caregivers and services will become out-of-network on April 29 unless a new agreement can be reached.
It says Anthem-insured patients could see higher costs for the care Parkview caregivers provide if a new agreement is not reached in time.
Parkview says they are "committed to finding a solution that will protect patients. We are focused on lowering costs for patients and plan to offer Anthem a solution to accomplish this goal."
Parkview officials say Patients can protect their in-network access by:
- Call Anthem and ask them to protect their in-network access to Parkview Health caregivers and services.
- Talk to your employer or human resources representative about your continued access to Parkview Health’s high-quality caregivers and services.
Anthem released a response to FOX 55, saying they are negotiating in good faith with Parkview Health:
“As part of the normal course of business, we are negotiating in good faith with Parkview Health in an effort to reach a new contract, and the talks are continuing.
The businesses and consumers we serve in northeast Indiana have expressed their concerns about increases in the cost of healthcare, and we take those concerns very seriously as we work to negotiate a fair contract that protects affordability.
Both sides are communicating regularly in an effort to reach an agreement prior to the deadline of April 29.
It is important to note that at this time there is no change in our network or in our members’ access to care from Parkview Health.”