If you're looking for a Black Friday deal on a furry friend before Friday, Fort Wayne Animal Care and Control has you covered.
Adoption fees for all pets have been slashed for their pre-Black Friday deal. Dogs older than six-months are 20 dollars at most. All other animals -- including smaller pets like rabbits and guinea pigs -- are available for just ten-dollars. But if you're looking for a cat -- you can name your price, but the shelter asks for a ten dollar donation. The cost for the dogs includes a microchip and spay or neuter surgery. The reduced prices started today -- and it's already been a big hit with the public.
"So this morning we opened at noon, so we've only been open for just a little bit, but there was a flood of people. Several dogs have already gone out. We have a lot of people here looking at dogs and cats, small animals, so it's going really well, we hope this continues and we connect more people with their forever friends."
The event continues tomorrow from noon to seven.
- Animal Care and Control cuts adoption fees for Black Friday
- SPCA waiving adoption fee for Black Friday
- Petco invests in Animal Care and Control
- Florist holding fundraiser for Animal Care and Control
- Fort Wayne Animal Care and Control holds spring open house
- Fort Wayne Animal Care & Control planning remodel and expansion
- Animal Care and Control investigating after dog abandoned in alley
- Animal Care and Control, Health Department warns against rescuing wild animals
- Muncie animal shelter offering $20 adoptions
- Animal Care and Control advises drivers not to leave dogs in the car in warmer weather