FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The American Red Cross is seeing a shortage in blood donations.
The Red Cross said it has a critical shortage of type O blood.
The agency says hospitals have only a two day supply of type O blood, instead of the preferred five day supply.
Type O blood is the most needed blood because it is the universal blood type.
Donors who give blood to the Red Cross by June 10 will receive a $5 Amazon.com Gift Card.
You can find where to donate here.
- American Red Cross in critical need of blood donations
- American Red Cross urges donors to help fix the summer blood donation shortage
- Blood donations in short supply
- Parkview donates AED to American Legion in need
- Recall of blood pressure drug losartan expanded
- Man critically hurt in crash
- Police investigate critically injured infant
- Train hits semi crossing tracks
- Risk for house fire in winter increases, Red Cross reports seeing many already
- Skatin' for Christmas donations