FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Fort Wayne American Legion Post #47 is supporting the Children's Organ Transplant Association (COTA) also with a golf fundraiser.
COTA is the largest organization dedicated to helping children and families with transplant-related expenses, and providing fundraising assistance to community volunteers across the country.
The funds from the outing held at Lakeside Golf Club goes directly toward helping the cause.
“Right now there's 103 kids just in the state of Indiana alone. All the money raised today stays in the state for kids that are in need of help through the Children Organ Transplant Association," club manager of American Legion Post #47 Ron Kizer said.
The goal is to reach $6,000 to donate.
You can still make donations if you'd like by sending them to American Legion Post #47 at
601 Reed Road,Fort Wayne IN 46815.
- American Legion Post Number 47 helps the Children's Organ Transplant Association
- American Legion Post 47 asking for help getting AED
- American Legion Post #330 holds annual veteran memorial motorcycle ride
- Parkview donates AED to American Legion in need
- Local organization helps residents in Flint
- Organization looks to help small businesses succeed
- Local biker organization helps women's shelter
- Auto accident on County Road 47 hospitalizes two Butler teens
- Alzheimer's Association releases new facts
- The American Medical Association is asking tech companies to stop the spread of vaccine misinformation