FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The mother of a toddler who was beaten to death changes her plea to guilty.
Amber Garrett was facing two charges of neglect of a dependent in the death of her son Malakai Garrett. Malakai was beaten to death in November 2017.
Garrett will spend between three and six years in prison and then be on probation for six years. Her sentencing is set for July 19th.
Earlier this year a jury found Mitchell Vanryn not guilty of Malakai's murder. He was found guilty of aggravated battery and domestic battery. Vanryn was sentenced to 40 years in prison.
- Amber Garrett changes her plea
- Amber Garrett appears in court, grandma speaks out about charges
- Coroner identifies pedestrian hit by car, Amber Garrett behind the wheel
- Amber Alert update
- Amber Pasztor in court
- Amber Alert canceled
- Officers cleared in Garrett shooting
- Missing Garrett teen found safe
- Amber Pasztor back in court
- Man arrested after Garrett bar fight