FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - It will cost more to spend a night in an Allen County hotel.
Allen County Council approved raising the innkeeper's tax from 7% to 8% Thursday morning in a 4-3 vote.
This means visitors to Fort Wayne will pay about an extra 75 cents a night for a hotel room.
The money will go to organizations promoting tourism in Fort Wayne, like Visit Fort Wayne.
- Allen County's innkeeper's tax increase approved
- Allen County Commissioners to hold hearings about bridge tax increase
- Allen County sees big STI increase
- Number of suicides in Allen County increase
- Allen County among top counties in Indiana for mortgage approvals
- Commissioners approve $4.2 million for east Allen County revival
- Allen County Jail overcrowded, Sheriff fears numbers will increase
- East Allen County Schools hiring
- Allen County Fair begins Tuesday
- Allen County Judge Levine retiring