FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — Health officials announced that 24 more residents have tested positive for COVID-19 in Allen County, bringing the total to 2,204 as of Monday.
The Allen County Department of Health reported no new deaths Monday, increasing the total to 87 for the county.
SPECIAL SECTION: FOX 55 Coronavirus Pandemic Coverage
Patients must currently meet ISDH’s criteria to be tested, and strict protocol must be followed to ensure no one else is exposed while a mucus specimen is collected from the individual.
Officials say testing for COVID-19 is now available by request statewide at Optum testing sites beginning Monday, June 15.
The following local healthcare providers have set up a specific screening for COVID-19:
• Fort Wayne Medical Education patients should call 260-423-2675
• IU Health patients should download the telemedicine application IU Health Virtual Visit and follow directions or call 260-234-5400
• Lutheran Health patients should call 260-435-5050
• Parkview patients should call 1-877-PPG-TODAY or their specific provider; Parkview has also set up a self-screening website at Parkview.com/covid19screening
• Neighborhood Health Clinic patients should call 260-458-2570
Friendly reminder: COVID-19 has not gone away. Face coverings, social distancing and frequent hand washing are still strongly recommended to stop the spread. Vote. Peacefully protest. Support local businesses. But please wear your mask and stay at least six feet from others. pic.twitter.com/mh8tRaEZWh
— Allen County Health (@AllenCountyHD) June 2, 2020