FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — Health officials announced that 30 more residents have tested positive for COVID-19 in Allen County, bringing the total to 2,572 as of Friday.
The Allen County Department of Health reported one new death Friday, increasing the total to 106 for the county.
Officials say testing for COVID-19 is now available by request statewide at Optum testing sites.
Anyone with a fever of 100 degrees and a cough should first call their healthcare provider to discuss their symptoms and determine the next course of action.
The following local healthcare providers have set up a specific screening for COVID-19:
• Fort Wayne Medical Education patients should call 260-423-2675
• IU Health patients should download the telemedicine application IU Health Virtual Visit and follow directions or call 260-234-5400
• Lutheran Health patients should call 260-435-5050
• Parkview patients should call 1-877-PPG-TODAY or their specific provider; Parkview has also set up a self-screening website at Parkview.com/covid19screening
• Neighborhood Health Clinic patients should call 260-458-2570
Friendly reminder: COVID-19 has not gone away. Face coverings, social distancing and frequent hand washing are still strongly recommended to stop the spread. Vote. Peacefully protest. Support local businesses. But please wear your mask and stay at least six feet from others. pic.twitter.com/mh8tRaEZWh
— Allen County Health (@AllenCountyHD) June 2, 2020