FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — Nineteen more residents have tested positive for COVID-19 in Allen County, bringing the total to 533 as of Wednesday.
SIGN UP FOR BREAKING NEWS ALERTS
The Allen County Department of Health reported seven new deaths Wednesday, increasing the death total to 48 for the county.
Kroger and the Allen County Department of Health announced they will offer free, drive-through COVID-19 testing beginning Thursday in the parking lot at Bishop Dwenger High School.
Officials say testing for COVID-19 is currently unavailable on-demand or by request because of the nationwide shortage.
Patients must currently meet ISDH’s criteria to be tested, and strict protocol must be followed to ensure no one else is exposed while a mucus specimen is collected from the individual.
Anyone with a fever of 100 degrees and a cough should first call their healthcare provider to discuss their symptoms and determine the next course of action.
The following local healthcare providers have set up a specific screening for COVID-19:
• Fort Wayne Medical Education patients should call 260-423-2675
• IU Health patients should download the telemedicine application IU Health Virtual Visit and follow directions or call 260-234-5400
• Lutheran Health patients should call 260-435-5050
• Parkview patients should call 1-877-PPG-TODAY or their specific provider; Parkview has also set up a self-screening website at Parkview.com/covid19screening
• Neighborhood Health Clinic patients should call 260-458-2570