WOODBURN, Ind. (WFFT) — The Allen County Coroner’s Office received a report that human remains were discovered in a wooded area in Northeast Allen County Sunday afternoon.
The coroner says remains are skeletonized and will be recovered with additional the help from the Allen County Sheriff’s Department and the University of Indianapolis Anthropology Department.
The remains were reportedly found by persons walking in the wooded area of the 19900 block of Diehrman Rd. near Woodburn.
At this time the coroner says there is no speculation as to the identity of the remains, or how long they have been in this location, or cause and manner of death.
Any additional information will be provided after the collection and examination of the remains.
Deputies from the Allen County Sheriff's Department remained at the scene, until the collection process was complete.
- Allen County authorities investigating skeleton remains found near Woodburn
- Allen County Coroner's Office will investigate human remains found behind Fort Wayne home
- Woodburn resident shares who he thinks skeletal remains could belong to
- Northwest Allen County Schools investigates bus fire
- First baby left in safe developed by Woodburn non-profit
- Woodburn man sentenced to 60 Months in prison
- Human remains found in LaGrange County
- East Allen County Schools hiring
- Allen County Fair begins Tuesday
- Allen County Judge Levine retiring