Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Levine informed his fellow judges in the Indiana Judicial Branch, his superior court judges, and friends his intent to retire over the past several days.
He will retire in December completing 20 years on the bench and a 55 year legal career.
He's chosen not to be a senior judge.
In his retirement, he plans to pursue another passion which is singing.
“It's been an honor and a privilege as a judge, but i think it's time to leave that to somebody younger with different ideas to bring," he said.
His term will end in 2020, Governor Holcomb will appoint someone to fulfill the rest of his term.
- Allen County Judge Levine retiring
- Charles Levin, Hollywood actor, found dead
- New Allen County judge sworn in Tuesday
- East Allen County Schools hiring
- Allen County Fair begins Tuesday
- Allen County commissioners host "County Night Out"
- Allen County sees big STI increase
- Fire damages house in northwest Allen County
- Car pulled from pond in Allen County
- Allen County monitoring water levels for residents