FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- The Allen County Health Department was given another grant by the state health department to distribute Narcan kits to community agencies.
The department will distribute around 850 life-saving kits to the Fort Wayne Police Department, Allen County Sheriff's Department, Parkview Police Department, Lighthouse Monroeville EMS, and the Allen County Syringe Services Program.
Allen County saw a 53 percent increase in overdose deaths from 2016 to 2017. Susan Cisney, the director of clinical services at the Allen County Health Department, said the opioid epidemic affects more than just those who use.
"It would be their families. It would be the community as a whole," she said.
Anyone in need of Narcan get request it from any registered entity. The medical annex in New Haven also offers training on how to administer Narcan.
- Allen County Health Department awarded grant for Narcan
- Fort Wayne-Allen County Department of Health receives $54,000 grant
- Allen County Health Department encourages spring break safety
- Health Department awarded grant for Naloxone Kits & Training to prevent overdoses
- East Allen County Schools hiring
- Allen County Fair begins Tuesday
- Allen County Judge Levine retiring
- Nine local businesses awarded commercial facade grants
- EACS to stock schools with Narcan