FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Some Allen County absentee voters are in jeopardy of not voting on the right ballot.
The problem is the Allen County Election office sent ballots intended for military use to civilians.
Because the process is different for those groups, it may not be easy to tell who the civilians voted for.
Monday, the election board decided to send those people effected by the "defective ballots" a letter and a form requesting a new ballot.
People will need to return the form to receive a new ballot.
The form and the ballot need to be mailed as soon as possible to be counted in the election.
- Allen County Election Board trying to correct absentee ballot issue
- Ind. elections chief IDs problem with absentee applications
- Watchdog group creates PAC for ballot issues
- Election board goes over challenges
- East Allen County Schools hiring
- Allen County Fair begins Tuesday
- Allen County Judge Levine retiring
- DeKalb County Community Corrections now using K-9
- State ballot measures to watch on Election Night
- Allen County sees big STI increase